Saturday, June 20, 2009

R2 gets some new kicks in Denver

We're in Denver!

Julie and I decided to hit I-80 and I-76 to bee-line from Grand
Island, NE. At 400 miles, it was our biggest mileage day in a while,
and a perfect one at that: blue skies, ample sun and cooler temps for
more comfortable riding.

We arrived last night to our gracious hosts Jon and Jen, their two
little ones Ruthie and Gabe, and the family dogs Hirschel and Gertie,
with dinner on the garden table for weary travelers. Lucky us!

We plan to spend the weekend camped out in their living room, before
turning further west and south.

Routine checks also revealed that the 90+ degree temps in Nebraska did
a number on my rear tire (which was, let's face it, carrying a bit of
extra weight, and already had 4,000 miles on it at the start of the
trip). It's still got some tread, but is due for replacement.
Thankfully, there's a shop just a few blocks away from Jon and Jen's
that has the tire I need, at a reasonable price, and can install it
today, so R2 is getting some new kicks!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm satisfied. Thank you. And I'm very happy to hear you're riding on new tires. Safety first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks very sexy in her new wheels!

    ReplyDelete