Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busted!

R2 is, that is.

Julie and I packed up from our lovely, scenic campsite today, and set
off to the north (!), riding through some incredible landscapes again
recommended by John P., as we made our way to the incredible and
initially unpronounceable Abiquiu. (Say "ABBY-cue.") Not far past
Abiquiu Lake, R2 started lurching, then losing power. I wasn't able to
keep up with Julie up hills. My max speed was dropping... 65... 55...
50...

Julie was leading, saw I was having trouble and pulled off into a turn-
out. I pulled up next to her, starting filling her in, and R2 died.
That by itself, is very unusual: R2 idles hot, especially after the
engine is warm.

Worse still, pressing the starter yielded nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Uh-oh. We're miles from the nearest building, with zero cell
reception. And looming dark clouds moving toward us, from the opposite
angle of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment