Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Brand identity theft

I've done a double-take every time I've passed this coffee joint --
just the intended effect, to be sure. There are Starbucks aplenty
(along with the ubiquitous KFC's, McD's and Pizza Huts), but even in
my darkest coffee-craving, caffeine-withdrawal moments (read: most
mornings) I have yet to set foot in one on some probably-misguided
principle. Truly, it doesn't hold much allure: there's tea everywhere,
and decent coffee many places as well.

Still, I wake to nightmares of having the americana melt-down: a pizza-
stuffed popcorn chicken Happy Meal with a double shot of frappacino to
wash it down. Can I get extra cheese on that?

I leave you to ponder the horror (or new fast food chain concept), as
I also take my leave of Hangzhou, my most beautiful stop so far.

(Btw, the bike in the photo took me around West Lake today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment